These Policies and Procedures are subject to change without notice.
Last updated 5/25/2012
Trips, Tours, Instruction, & Presentations (ESCAPES)
with Outdoor Escapes New Hampshire, LLC (OENH)
1. Group size may be limited. See listings for minimum and maximum participation.
2. Participants will travel in the wilderness with respect for wildlife and the natural environment, and will adhere to all federal, state, local, and private rules and regulations. Alcohol and illegal substances will not be tolerated.
3. Liability, Safety, and Responsibility: We offer ESCAPES requiring various degrees of fitness. We are not qualified to evaluate your fitness so you must evaluate your fitness as appropriate for any given ESCAPE. If you are overweight, or in poor physical condition, you should consult with your physician before participating in our active ESCAPES. We make every effort to provide you with a fun trip. Your guides will give you instructions before each trip and it is important that you listen and do as they say. You will assume the responsibility for many decisions affecting your safety during this trip. Although every precaution is taken to safeguard you and your belongings, remote wilderness adventure trips involve activities that can be physically demanding with inherent elements of risks and dangers, which are beyond our control. OENH shall assume no responsibility for personal injuries or deaths and loss of personal property. We highly recommend that you have medical insurance and consider purchasing travel insurance. Travel insurance coverage can help with expenses for the unforeseeable such as lost baggage, trip delays, emergency evacuation, and cancellation due to illness.
4. Each participant is responsible for personal gear. Due to New Hampshire’s unpredictable weather, we highly recommend bringing everything on your customized Pack List (and nothing more) in order for you to have a comfortable outdoor experience for the duration of your trip. If you are missing something, your trip may be cut short. Our goal is safety, fun, and learning, so please take the Pack List seriously in order to prevent problems and minimize risks.
5. Each Participant (and parent/guardian of each Participant under 18) must complete and sign a “Participant Agreement, Release, and Acknowledgement of Risk” form.
6. Each Participant (and parent/guardian of each Participant under 18) on full day and longer trips must complete and sign a “Medical Form.” Certain trips will require a doctor’s approval.
7. Youth under age 18: allowed with an accompanying adult. Youth groups must have adequate supervision coverage.
8. Travel with dogs will be limited to certain areas.
9. Helmets must be worn when bicycling.
10. PFDs (Personal Floatation Devices) must be worn when paddling canoes and kayaks.
11. Safety glasses must be worn during archery and range rules must be obeyed.
1. Our small wilderness guide service holds office hours by chance. Please allow a few days to respond to inquiries.
2. We recommend checking for availability and reserving early by phone or e-mail. Please note that there will be a fee for any dog(s) allowed to participate.
3. There are normally 4 ways to participate in ESCAPES with OENH, and each has a Reservation Form to complete:
Custom ESCAPES and Grand Adventures – Flexible dates. Prices, duration, locations vary.
Packages – Flexible dates. Locations and accommodations vary.
Special Events – Join a group activity already set up.
Group Programs – A variety of activities are offered and customized for small and large groups of all ages.
4. Gift certificates are available. Their use is subject to these policies and procedures.
A. Full payment, vouchers, and gift certificates are due when booking within 30 days of ESCAPE.
B. Advanced booking: A 50% non-refundable deposit holds your reservation, which must be received within 7 days of booking. The balance is due 30 days prior to the ESCAPE.
Payments are accepted by check or money order payable to Outdoor Escapes New Hampshire, LLC, 49 Butternut Lane, Conway, NH 03818. If you wish to pay with a credit card, please call for secure options. Last-minute reservations must pay cash upon meeting guide. Prices are in US$.
6. A confirmation packet will be e-mailed, mailed, or faxed–includes directions, pack list, and other pre-trip forms.
Up to 30 days prior to your ESCAPE, you may transfer your deposit to another date or to other participant(s), or you may cancel your ESCAPE. By canceling your ESCAPE at this time, you will forfeit your 50% deposit. Absolutely no refunds will be given for cancellations during the 30 days prior to the date of your ESCAPE. In the case of severe weather or other unforeseen conditions (rare), OENH will offer an alternative activity, or arrange another date for your ESCAPE. We customize each ESCAPE for safety, fun, and learning.